Tax Forms 2023
The Library has recieved a limited number of Federal income tax forms and instructions. They are available at the Reference desk as a bundle of 1 booklet, 2 1040 forms, and 2 1040-SR forms. Additional forms can be printed from library computers at 10 cents per black and white copy or 50 cents per color copy. Or follow the links below to request forms from the IRS.
The Connecticut Department of Revenue Services no longer supplies state income tax forms to libraries. We have printed copies of the CT-1040 at the Reference desk; limit one per person. The instruction booklet and additional forms can be printed from library computers at 10 cents per black and white copy or 50 cents per color copy. Or follow the links below to request a booklet/forms from CT DRS.
Looking for tax forms? Visit the following sites to get the tax forms you need:
- Internal Revenue Service Forms and Instructions
- Webform to request a mailed copy of a FEDERAL TAX FORM from the IRS
- CT State Tax Forms and Instructions
- Webform to request a mailed copy of a CONNECTICUT TAX FORM from the CT DRS
- You can also call the CT DRS, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at 860-297-5962 to order forms by mail
- If you have specific questions, the IRS provides an online tool to help you find answers. You may also call the IRS for help or make an appointment at a local IRS Office. Find the closest IRS office here.
- Information about tax breaks or credits including the American Opportunity Tax Credit
- Track the status of your refund
Tax preparation & filing
- Southington Community Services, in partnership with Human Resources Agency (HRA) of New Britain, offers free income tax preparation services by appointment only to income-eligible families and individuals. When you call HRA at 860- 826-2278, let them know that you are calling to make an appointment to be seen at Southington Community Services (91 Norton Street).
- Income tax assistance will be available by appointment only at Calendar House for individuals or couples to file their income tax returns with AARP Tax-Aide. Appointments will be available on Tuesday and Friday mornings from 9:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. beginning February 13th through April 12th. Appointments can be made by calling 860-621-3014 beginning Monday, January 22nd.
- Simplifyct.org provides a safe, secure, and contactless way for low-income Connecticut families to access free tax preparation and qualify for state and Federal benefits. Visit their site or call 860-590-8910 to make an appointment.
- Free File, tax preparation software available through the IRS website at no cost to those with an adjusted gross income of $57,000 or less.
- File, pay, and register Connect taxes for free with myconneCT.